Event: Jolene Adams, ARS President,
will be in Spokane on March 5th, details here.
“There is simply the rose; it is perfect in every moment of its existence.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
See our Blog posts to the right =>
Our objectives are:
- To educate the public that roses are easy to grow in the Inland Northwest,
- To provide free basic rose care information and share the knowledge and experience of our Consulting Rosarians,
- To invite neighbors to come together to discuss roses, gardening, and companion plants,
- To promote and contribute to Rose Hill at Manito Park in the City of Spokane, and
- To provide activities that benefit our community.
Membership in Spokane Rose Society is open to everyone. We meet February through November, with a special program each month. (There are no meetings in December or January.)
Our regular meetings are held on the fourth Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Manito Meeting Room (near by the conservatory) in Manito Park, Spokane, Washington. Our meetings are open to the public, as are some of our other events. Guests and Visitors are always welcome.
Some meetings are replaced with special events, and workshops or classes on a range topics may be held at various times throughout the year. We have an annual Rose Show, free and open to the public, which is an excellent opportunity to see the wide variety of beautiful roses that grow in the Spokane area. Please see our calendar for an exact schedule of all events, times, and locations.
- Members can check out books from our library.
- Members receive our newsletter, Rose Ramblings, that contains timely rose care articles and other information of interest to society members and rose gardeners.
- Members and their guests can attend garden tours and nursery tours.
- New members receive a Basic Rose Care Guide.
How to Join the SRS – If you are interested in joining the SRS, please visit this page for information and a printable application form.
- SRS History – The Spokane Rose Society was founded on May 1950 when the Rose Hill demonstration Garden was installed at Manito Park
- SRS Bylaws
- Contact the SRS
Events Calendar – Our 2012 calendar of events.
See our blog for news, events, articles on rose care, rose arranging, rose shows, photographs, videos, and more rose-related information. Browse the categories to the left or see the”Recent Posts” to the right for the latest updates to our site.
How to Grow Roses in Spokane (Zone 5) – If you are new to the Spokane area or just new to rose gardening you may find this page to be useful. It contains lots of free information on how to get started growing roses in our area.
SRS Book Store – Recommended books selected by our expert Rosarians, and available through Amazon.com. Remember – buying anything from Amazon through our links supports the SRS.
SRS Online Store – Our CafePress store has a nice selections of SRS items, ranging from t-shirts to calendars to gift boxes and more. Purchases through this store also support the SRS.
All proceeds from ads on this site go to support the SRS and its activities.